Anchorwoman star Lauren Jones was both "completely shocked" and "disappointed" to learn the reality series was canceled by Fox after last Wednesday night's special one-hour premiere episode delivered poor ratings.
Anchorwoman has signed off after only one broadcast.
Fox announced it has bumped back the debut of Anchorwoman, a new reality series that will follow a former beauty queen trying to make it as a Texas television news anchor despite her lack of previous journalism experience.
Upcoming 'Anchorwoman' star Lauren Jones faces skeptical critics
Upcoming 'Anchorwoman' star Lauren Jones signs off TV station
Fox has announced that Anchorwoman, a new reality series that will follow a former beauty queen trying to make it as a Texas television news anchor despite her lack of previous journalism experience, will premiere Tuesday, August 21 at 8PM ET/PT with a one-hour special. Following its premiere, Anchorwoman will air half-hour episodes on Tuesdays at 8PM ET/PT beginning August 28.
An upcoming Fox reality series, in which a model becomes a TV anchorwoman, is causing quite a stir in Tyler, Texas.
- Courtney Harrell on 'The Voice:' I wish I showed more of my artistry -- my heart wasn't in the songs I sang
- Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar granted permanent custody of 8-year-old nephew Tyler Hutchins
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top' crowns Morgan Willett winner over veteran runner-up Jason Roy
- Courtney Harrell talks 'The Voice' elimination: I saw it coming, I was not my best self and it's a numbers game
- Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines anti-gay controversy -- Church pastor and 'Fixer Upper' network respond to accusations
- Jessa Duggar compares baby bump at 31 weeks from both pregnancies (PHOTO)
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick reportedly officially back together again
- Blake Shelton on dating Gwen Stefani: "It's been good for me"
- Exclusive: Zeke Smith talks 'Survivor' -- "I don't think anyone needed convincing I was the biggest threat"