Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > OTHER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS > Quirky NEWS

Woman swallows nail in macaroni


UPI News Service, 08/28/2008 

A British woman said her wedding, which is scheduled for next week, may be postponed after she swallowed a nail that was inside her macaroni dish.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bride-to-be Rebecca Shorten, 21, said she swallowed the one-inch nail thinking it was a crunchy bit of pasta but became worried after spotting two more nails in the dish she purchased from grocery store Tesco, The Sun reported Thursday.

Shorten said doctors advised against surgery despite her agonizing pain. She said the store offered her only a $1.58 refund.

"Tesco said someone would phone, but no one has yet. My stomach's all swollen and I can't hold anything down," she said.

Shorten said she is consulting lawyers to weigh her legal options against the grocery store, which has removed the macaroni dish from its shelves.


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.


Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.


Copyright 2008 by United Press International








Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.058228015899658 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed