Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Jon & Kate Plus 8

Report: Pennsylvania clears Gosselin kids for 'Kate Plus 8' specials


By Christopher Rocchio, 04/26/2010 

Kate Gosselin will apparently still be plus eight for Kate Plus 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
Permits that will allow Gosselin's eight children to appear on Kate Plus 8, a series of TLC specials that will follow her family life without ex-husband Jon Gosselin, have been submitted and approved, a representative for the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry told TMZ in a Sunday report.

"The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for Kate Plus 8," the representative told TMZ.

Last September, TLC announced plans to relaunch Jon & Kate Plus 8 as Kate Plus 8 in November, and its original concept was to continue following Kate and feature Jon on a "less regular basis."

That didn't sit too well with Jon, who allegedly followed through on a threat to force TLC to end Jon & Kate Plus 8 by suddenly claiming it was "detrimental" to his children after the network refused to release him from an exclusivity contract clause that he claimed was preventing him from earning "substantial" money by appearing on other television shows.

TLC subsequently sued Jon for breach of contract and Kate Plus 8 was shelved indefinitely. 

The network settled the lawsuit against Jon, who had later countersued TLC, in February.  The whole Gosselin family remained under contract with TLC as part of the settlement.

Kate Plus 8 will now begin airing as a series of specials in June.

While the kids will be able to appear on Kate Plus 8, the representative confirmed to TMZ that the state hasn't received any permit applications for Twist of Kate, which will follow Kate as she visits and profiles women who were inspired by her story and are facing their own challenges.

Earlier this month, the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry ruled that legal action would not be taken against the Gosselins, TLC, or Jon & Kate Plus 8's producers despite the fact that child-labor permits were not obtained for the children to appear on the reality series.



DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.












Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.059746026992798 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed