Regis Philbin subject of 'Late Show with David Letterman' Top 10
UPI News Service, 02/17/2011
Regis Philbin's retirement from his U.S. talk show was the subject of a Top 10 list read by his wife, Joy, on "Late Show with David Letterman."
The 79-year-old TV personality has starred in various incarnations of the morning chat show "Live!" for nearly three decades. He recently announced his intention to retire this year from "Live! with Regis and Kelly."
His wife appeared on Tuesday's edition of "Letterman" and read a list of the Top 10 Thoughts That Went Through My Mind When Regis Announced His Retirement from "Live!"
The list went as follows --
10. "He better be kidding."
9. "I don't remember giving him permission to quit."
8. "If he thinks he's going to be home all day, I better stock up on Advil and Kahlua."
7. "Does this mean I have to play Travel Trivia with him every morning?"
6. "I heard they caught him stealing makeup."
5. "So much for my one hour a day of peace and quiet."
4. "Kelly (Ripa) gets paid to chat with him every morning. Not me."
3. "If I put him in a wig and a dress, maybe they'll hire him on 'The View.'"
2. "God, why are you punishing me?"
1. "Couldn't he just keep phoning it in like Letterman?"
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.