Prize package for winner of NBC's 'Fame' grows larger
By Reality TV World staff, 06/18/2003
Tonight in a two-hour special episode of the hit NBC reality series “Fame” (Wednesdays 8-9 PM ET) the 12 finalists begin the next phase of their journey. As the competition moves on, more of the entertainment industry’s top companies have stepped up to offer the winner all they need to turn their talent into a long, prosperous career.
The latest additions to the “Fastlane To Fame” prize package are:
- Wilhelmina Artist Management, the celebrity representation arm of Wilhelmina Models, one of the world’s leading modeling agencies will provide the winner with a $100,000 modeling/spokesperson contract. The company, which represents such top talent as Usher, Jessica Simpson and Brandy will help create and maintain the winner’s image through securing a series of fashion campaigns, endorsements and marketing opportunities.
- A principal role in the opening run of the international hit musical “Fame” on 42nd Street. The new musical, which chronicles the last graduating class from the New York School of Performing Arts will be premiering in the Little Schubert Theatre in Manhattan this fall.
These additions are added to the previously announced prize package all intended to give the winner all the deals and connections needed to make it in the entertainment business:
- Johnny Wright, President of The Wright Entertainment Group, one of music’s top management companies representing such top names as NSYNC, Britney Spears, Sean “P.Diddy” Combs, Dream and Boyz II Men, will sign the winner to a one-year representation deal. The deal will feature a guarantee that the winner-record a single under Wright’s record label Wire Records. A superstar producer like P.Diddy, Justin Timberlake or Jermaine Dupri will produce the single.
- The Debbie Allen Dance Academy, Allen’s world-class school, will provide the winner with one year of training. The school’s master trainers have come from all around the world: Kirov and Boishoi Ballet, Alvin Ailey’s American Dance Theatre, Broadway and more.
- The W Hotel Los Angeles, sleek in design and superior in service, will be providing the winner with one of their stylish suites for one calendar year while they ride the “fastlane to fame.”
- One of the top Hollywood agencies will guide their careers and living expenses will also be provided.
“Fame” is produced by MGM Television Entertainment and Stone Stanley Entertainment with David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and multiple Emmy-Award winner Jeff Margolis serving as executive producers.