Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing


New York judge dismisses Jay-Z's countersuit against R. Kelly

UPI News Service, 05/17/2005 

A New York judge has dismissed Jay-Z's countersuit against fellow rapper R. Kelly, who accused Jay-Z of sabotaging their U.S. tour last year.

Kelly filed suit Nov. 1 seeking $75 million in damages from Jay-Z and production company Marcy Projects for allegedly ordering Atlanta Worldwide Production Co. to cancel their "Best of Both Worlds" tour and bar Kelly from performing.

The suit also accused members of the Jay-Z camp of assaulting Kelly and members of his entourage with pepper spray in New York.

Jay-Z filed a countersuit in February, which a New York judge has now dismissed, Kelly's camp said in a statement released Tuesday.

"We're gratified but not surprised by the judge's decision," said Peter Parcher, Kelly's lawyer. "When all the legal smoke clears, we're confident R. Kelly will collect substantial damages from Jay-Z and the other defendants."

Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.

Copyright 2005 by United Press International

Take Our User Survey

Page generated in 0.045501947402954 seconds

About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed