Kourtney Kardashian's son "doing fine" after being rushed to hospital
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 11/23/2010
Kourtney Kardashian said her son Mason is "doing fine" following a scary incident that hospitalized him on Friday.
The 11-month-old had an allergic reaction to peanut butter and was rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital, according to Kardashian, who just returned to the West Coast after wrapping the filming of her upcoming new Kourtney and Kim Take New York reality series with her sister Kim.
"Friday night Mason ate some peanut butter and had a little allergic reaction to it," Kardashian wrote on her blog on Monday.
"He threw up within minutes of tasting it and got hives on his face. I called 911 and the fire department came immediately."
"They suggested that we take him to the hospital, so we did," she explained. "He was in good spirits the whole time and didn't even know anything was wrong. He even enjoyed riding in the ambulance. He's such a good boy!!"
Kardashian said she is thankful that she followed her gut feeling on how to handle the situation.
"I learned such a lesson with this to always follow my instincts and call 911," the reality star said. "Always better safe than sorry."