Fox has announced the second-season The X Factor co-host will not return for this fall's third edition of the Fox reality singing competition.
"Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to co-host The X Factor," the show's producers said in a statement obtained byEntertainment Weekly. "We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Fox formalized Kardashian's departure with a Monday announcement in which the network announced Kardashian's fellow first-timeThe X Factor co-host Mario Lopez will return as "the host" of the show's third season.
"I'm looking forward to returning to The X Factor team," Lopez said in a statement. "We're coming back stronger and better than ever and I'm excited to check out all the new talent."
"I'm thrilled Mario is back for Season Three of The X Factor," added Cowell. "Hosting a live show and keeping the judges -- especially Demi -- in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he's coming back."
Lopez will be joining returning judges Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato. Still unannounced are the identities of the two other judges on the third-season panel.
Lovato announced her return to the show in late March. Two-time judge L.A. Reidannounced in December he won't be returning forThe X Factor's next season, while second-season judge Britney Spearsconfirmed in January she had "made the very difficult decision" not to take on another edition of the reality singing competition. According to reports, both parties opted to quit the show before Fox could fire them.
The X Factor's second season crowned country artist Tate Stevens champion over Carly Rose Sonenclar and the group Fifth Harmony.
The show's third-season auditions began in Los Angeles last month and are currently underway. The remaining stops are Long Island, NY on April 25 and then Denver, CO on May 14.