Kelly Clarkson announces new smaller-venue fall concert tour
By Christopher Rocchio, 09/04/2007
Kelly Clarkson's originally scheduled summer tour was "shelved" so its size could be "re-evaluated," and while it may be back on track for a fall run, the original American Idol winner will apparently be rocking out at smaller venues.
Clarkson announced dates and locations for a new 24-city North American theater tour scheduled to kick-off October 10 at New York's Turning Stone Casino and come to a close on December 3 at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium.
"I'm getting pumped to get out there and rock with y'all," Clarkson said in a statement, according to The Associated Press. "We intend to blow the roof off these theaters."
Less than a month before Clarkson's 30-city North American tour was scheduled to start on July 11 at Portland, OR's Rose Garden Arena, she announced it was being scrapped and its size re-scoped.
"The day when [Clarkson] will play in sold-out arenas is, no doubt, coming, but for now her fans should look forward to seeing her in a more intimate concert environment," said Another Planet Entertainment CEO Gregg Perloff in a statement released when the summer tour was initially postponed. At the time, Clarkson said the decision was "disappointing" but added "the fact is that touring is just too much too soon."
The announcement came in the midst of her recently settled feud with RCA chairman Clive Davis and was revealed only a few days after she parted ways with longtime manager Jeff Kwatinetz. At the time, a source told Entertainment Weekly one of the reasons Clarkson reportedly left her longtime manager was because "tour markets were misread and all the fighting with the label has taken attention away from the one thing that matters: her music."
Clarkson has since signed a management deal with Starstruck Entertainment and is now represented by its CEO Narvel Blackstock (friend Reba McEntire's husband).
Those who purchased tickets for Clarkson's canceled summer tour are being allowed first dibs on tickets for the upcoming fall tour. More information is available via her personal website. Fall 2007 tour dates and locations for Clarkson's tour are:
- Wednesday, October 10 Verona, NY Turning Stone Casino
- Sunday, October 14 through Tuesday, October 16 New York, NY Beacon Theatre
- Thursday, October 18 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
- Sunday, October 21 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun
- Tuesday, October 23 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
- Wednesday, October 24 Washington, DC DAR Constitution Hall
- Friday, October 26 Buffalo, NY Seneca Casino
- Sunday, October 28 Detroit, MI Fillmore
- Tuesday, October 30 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Massey Hall
- Thursday, November 1 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre
- Friday, November 2 Minneapolis, MN State Theatre
- Monday, November 5 Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
- Saturday, November 10 San Jose, CA Events Center
- Monday, November 12 Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
- Wednesday, November 14 Sacramento, CA Memorial Auditorium
- Friday, November 16 San Diego, CA Civic Auditorium
- Sunday, November 18 Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre
- Tuesday, November 20 Phoenix, AZ Gammage Theatre
- Friday, November 23 Dallas, TX Nokia Theatre
- Sunday, November 25 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre
- Tuesday, November 27 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Center
- Thursday, November 29 Miami, FL Mizner Park
- Saturday, December 1 Tampa, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Monday, December 3 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
(Photo credit Fox)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.