A Michigan hospital said a patient believed to have ingested rodent poison was found to be emitting potentially harmful gasses and has been isolated.
Lauren Jones, a spokeswoman for St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, said the man has been isolated in his room and is being monitored by Washtenaw County Hazardous Material Team workers, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.
"The hospital is open and the situation is isolated," she said.
"Hazmat teams ... here are monitoring the levels of gas in the room; the levels are not at explosive or flammable levels," Jones said. "The air has been tested and confirmed for low levels. Hazmat teams are continuing to monitor the levels to ensure maintaining a safe environment; the level of gas in the room is only expected to improve."
Jones said she was unable to give any further details on the man's condition due to patient privacy laws.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.