A Welsh couple said their 10-year-old daughter was lucky to survive being struck by lightning through an attic window at their home.
Rhian and Mark Moran of Merthyr Tydfil said their daughter Erin was watching a storm through the attic window when a bolt of lightning shot through the glass and entered her body through her left arm, The Sun reported Wednesday.
They said the current scorched the carpet when it exited the girl's body through her right big toe.
"Erin's a very lucky girl," Mark Moran said. "The lightning went right through her. The doctors were astounded. The first to see her just said, 'Wow!'"
The parents said Erin was treated for shock and a jagged burn mark on her left arm.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.