Frank Ocean won't press charges against Chris Brown
UPI News Service, 02/03/2013
Frank Ocean said he won't press charges against Chris Brown, who allegedly punched him during an argument outside a Los Angeles-area recording studio.
"No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit," Ocean said Saturday on his Tumblr page.
He's decided to forgive, instead, CNN reported.
"As a child, I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man," the post said.
"But as a man I am not a killer. I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity."
Six people, including the two recording artists, were involved in the fight Jan. 27 at Westlake Studio.
Police were called to the scene to break it up, but no arrests have been made.
The incident marks the latest in a series of violent dust-ups in which Brown has been involved, CNN said.
He pleaded guilty to assaulting and threatening his then-girlfriend Rihanna during a heated argument in a car in 2009. He was placed on five years probation and ordered to complete community service. He and Rihanna recently reconciled.
Last year, he and Canadian singer Drake had an altercation at a New York nightclub, which left eight people injured. No arrests were made.