has something to say before Bachelor in Paradise
viewers watch the Monday night premiere of Season 4, which will dive right into the scandal involving Corinne Olympios
DeMario shared a message August 14 on Instagram, hours before the show's debut, telling fans they will learn "the truth" about what happened between Corinne and himself that temporarily shut down production on the season in June and prompted a Warner Bros. investigation into allegations of misconduct.
"When I think about #Paradise I don't think about the scandal, the click bait articles and the piss poor 'journalism,'" DeMario, 30, captioned a photo of pal Alexis Waters
and himself at Playa Escondida.
The "scandal" refers to a highly-publicized sexual encounter
between DeMario and Corinne in which the bachelorette's ability to provide proper consent was in question due to the fact both individuals had been drinking heavily that day and she appeared intoxicated.
Corinne, 24, had called herself a "victim"
when news of the hookup made headlines, while DeMario insisted his character has been "assassinated"
with "false claims and malicious allegations."
"I think about the beautiful moments that I shared with incredible humans," DeMario continued in his Instagram statement.
"I think about the friendships and the unbreakable bonds. I think about @alexiswaters_ and I throwing coconuts into the ocean at 2:00am, @ravennicolegates putting a crab on my face while I was sleeping and @deanie_babies dreamy eyes."
Warner Bros. concluded in its investigation there was no evidence
of wrongdoing or sexual assault, but for those who are still skeptical of "the situation," DeMario hopes the footage on Bachelor in Paradise's
premiere will put all speculation to rest.
"I've waited on this day for 2 months and 3 days because I want YOU ALL to SEE the TRUTH with your own EYES and then form an opinion about the 'situation,'" wrote DeMario, who is hoping his name will be cleared.
"Shout out to my family, friends and cast mates (who have become family). You have all showered me with so much love, support and I am extremely honored and humbled to have you all in my life. Oh and be sure to watch Bachelor in Paradise
tonight on ABC at 8pm!"
DeMario then added the following hashtags to his post: "#BIP4 #BachelorInParadise #RoseBoysReunion #RedEmojiDressGirl #IAskedAlexisToMarryMe #SheSaidNo #ThenCalledMeBuddy #IWasTriggered #ForeheadVeinWasStrong #StillShootingThough #KobeTaughtMe #MambaMentality #5Rings #NeverGiveUp #TYBG #FollowTheWhistle."
Warner Bros. previously confirmed that the tape of Corinne and DeMario's actual encounter will not air on Bachelor in Paradise
But franchise host Chris Harrison
explained to Entertainment Weekly
earlier this month, "You're going to see more than enough to show you what was happening that led up to the shutdown, within certain taste and values of what we can show on network TV."
Chris told EW
that production captured three days worth of footage
when Corinne and DeMario were still on the show, so they didn't want to waste all of that good material, which includes dates and romantic moments for other blossoming couples.
"We'll start talking about it right away and start dealing with it," Chris said of the controversial incident. "If you don't, it's the elephant in the room and then it will taint the entire season... You're going to see a lot of it, including Corinne and DeMario on the show."
Although Corinne and DeMario did not return to Mexico when Season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise resumed filming
, Chris revealed the pair will conduct interviews with him on a mid-season special