David Letterman mocks Amanda Knox with 'Late Show' Top 10 list
UPI News Service, 10/04/2011
David Letterman dedicated a "Late Show" Top 10 list to Amanda Knox, the American student whose murder conviction was overturned in an Italian court Monday.
Knox, a 24-year-old Washington state woman, was convicted of killing her British roommate in Italy where both were students in 2007. She appealed the conviction and won her freedom this week.
Letterman read his roster of "Thoughts That Went Through Amanda Knox's Mind When the Verdict Was Read" on Monday's edition of his chat show.
The list went as follows:
10. "Mama mia, that's a spicy verdict."
9. "If there's time, I'd still like to see the Coliseum."
8. "May I keep my Versace prison jumpsuit?"
7. "Four years in an Italian prison, this is the last time I book through Priceline."
6. "Who's Justin Bieber?"
5. "I want to go hiking in Iran."
4. "I can't believe I've gone four years without a Pop Tart."
3. "Does time served in Italian jail count towards my degree?"
2. "I wonder how Conan [O'Brien] is doing on 'The Tonight Show.'"
1. "If Michele O'Bachmann becomes president, I'm moving back to Italy."
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.