Charlie Sheen released from hospital after treatment from hernia
UPI News Service, 01/28/2011
Charlie Sheen's publicist said Friday the TV actor was discharged from the Los Angeles hospital where he was treated for a hernia.
Stan Rosenfield, Sheen's spokesman, told CNN the "Two and Half Men" star left Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Thursday night after being transported there by ambulance and admitted earlier in the day.
"Charlie has had a hernia condition for some time," Rosenfield said. "I was told by the person who made the 911 call that it was hernia-related."
The 45-year-old actor's successful career has long been marred by his legal woes, battles with drug and alcohol addiction, and failed marriages to Denise Richards and Brooke Mueller.
Some media reports said he was using cocaine and drinking heavily before his latest health crisis.
"He definitely did not OD but, yes, he was partying," an unidentified friend told People.com.
"He doesn't think he's going to die. He doesn't want to stop. In his eyes, he thinks: 'I'm having fun, so what? I'm making $2 million a week, the show has the best ratings, I show up for up work. What's the problem?'" the friend said.
"He's got so many people saying they're concerned and they have the power to help him but you can't force things on someone, you can't make him get help. He loves the attention, he loves to shock people, he loves that he gets away with all of this. And he can because there are no consequences -- that's the problem. It's who he is, like it or leave it. Maybe, at 22, you're with five hookers, so what? But when you're his age and a father, it's just ridiculous."
TV's "Extra" quoted Sheen as telling a separate source from his hospital bed, "I'm not dying."