Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning, had five-times legal limit
UPI News Service, 10/26/2011
Amy Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning after drinking more than five times Britain's drunk-driving limit, a British coroner said Wednesday.
Coroner Suzanne Greenway said the 27-year-old singer, who had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, had consumed a very large quantity of alcohol before her death in July.
Greenway, speaking at an inquest Wednesday in London, said a post-mortem examination of Winehouse's body found no traces of illegal drugs.
She said the huge amounts of alcohol in her system could have caused her to stop breathing and fall into a coma.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.