ABC reveals identities of Jen Schefft's 'The Bachelorette 3' bachelor suitors
By Reality TV World staff, 12/15/2004
ABC has revealed the identities of the twenty-five bachelor suitors who will be competing for Jen Schefft's heart on the upcoming third edition of its The Bachelorette program, premiering Monday, January 10 at 9PM ET/PT.
Jen, a 28-year-old Mentor, Ohio native who is currently living in Chicago, was originally introduced to television audiences during the Spring 2003 third installment of The Bachelor that ended with Andrew Firestone proposing to her. Although her relationship with Firestone was serious, it ultimately ended in heartbreak when the couple split several months later. Nonetheless, Jen remains a hopeless romantic and is says she remains optimistic about finding her husband on The Bachelorette.
As previously announced, The Bachelorette 3 will see some major format changes to the long-running reality dating show, starting with a relocation of the series from the beaches and deserts of Southern California to the streets of New York City. In another first that borrows a page from CBS's Summer 2003 Cupid series, the 28-year-old Chicagoan will participate in the selection of her bachelor suitors. Appearing with casting directors at this past summer's open casting calls, Jen met thousands of men interested in becoming her future husband
"This show found Trista the man of her dreams and now it's my hope to find the one man with whom I can spend the rest of my life," she gushed. "My husband needs to be someone who is down-to-earth yet ambitious. I want us to be able to connect on all levels."
As a result of her participation in the casting process, unlike all previous bachelors and bachelorettes, Jen will seeing nothing but familiar faces when the dating competition begins. "I'll know each of them or have talked to them or have seen them on tape before the show starts," she told Knight Ridder. As for her much-publicized breakup with Andrew, Jen stated, "we were traveling so much for the winery, I got lost in it all." "I like to be settled. When we were living in San Francisco, we weren't there for more than 30 days of the six months we were together. There was a real lifestyle difference."
As to what qualities she's now looking for in her ideal mate, Jen says, "my husband needs to be someone who is down-to-earth yet ambitious." "I want us to be able to connect on all levels. This show found Trista the man of her dreams and now it's my hope to find the one man with whom I can spend the rest of my life."
Jen's search for Mr. Right will involve outings to a number of New York locales, including taking her male suitors on dates to a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden, a trip to the Empire State Building, a visit to Little Italy, and a Central Park boat ride. Other special dates will include a surprise private performance by singer/actress Vanessa Williams at Harlem's Cotton Club, a romantic cruise around Manhattan, and another private concert by jazz singer Peter Cincotti at the Jazz at Lincoln Center organization's new performance hall in the Time Warner Building.
In the premiere episode, unbeknownst to the guys, two of Jen's best friends, Michelle and Abby, will pose as waitresses during the opening party in order to get the inside scoop on the guys' true intentions.
The twenty-five men competing for Jen's affection are:
• Andrew, a 37-year-old bartender from New York, NY
• Andy LeRoy, a 29-year-old ski coach from Steamboat Springs, CO
• A.W., a 27-year-old mortgage consultant from Newport Beach, CA
• Ben, a 26-year-old ski Instructor from Aspen, CO
• Chris C., a 27-year-old hairdresser from Campton, KY
• Chris M., a 33-year-old sports agent from Cleveland, OH
• Collin, a 27-year-old sports agent from Austin, TX
• David, a 30-year-old marketing consultant from Chicago, IL
• Eric H., a 35-year-old magazine editor from New York, NY
• Eric T., a 37-year-old firefighter from San Diego, CA
• Fabrice, a 28-year-old investor from New York, NY
• Jason, a 29-year-old motivational speaker from Fort Worth, TX
• Jerry, a 29-year-old art gallery director from Los Angeles, CA
• John Paul, a 25-year-old entrepreneur from Oklahoma City, OK
• Josh Cox, a 28-year-old professional marathoner from Murrieta, CA
• Kevin, a 26-year-old consultant from New York, NY
• Wendell, a 32-year-old entrepreneur from Chicago, IL
The premiere will end with Jen presenting red roses that invite fifteen of the men to stay. As always, should any of the men decide that they are no longer interested in the bachelorette, they may reject Jen's invitation to continue dating.