PAX begins production of 'Cold Turkey 2', announces cast
By Reality TV World staff, 11/15/2004
It looks like at least one of PAX TV's first three reality show attempts is doing well enough to merit a second season. PAX has announced that it has begun production of Cold Turkey 2, a second season of its Big Brother-like series that forces unsuspecting contestants to quit smoking.
Once again hosted by A.J. Benza, Cold Turkey 2 will feature ten unsuspecting chain smokers who were bamboozled into thinking they were joining the cast of a Survivor-style reality show called Pushing the Limits only to discover that they've been brought together to quit smoking. With several surprise twists, the series explores what it takes to kick the habit.
Executive produced by Average Joe and Manhunt creator Stuart Krasnow, Cold Turkey will wrap up its first season on Tuesday, December 7 at 10 PM ET/PT. Currently filming in San Diego, Cold Turkey 2 will premiere in January 2005.
The ten unsuspecting smokers participating in Cold Turkey 2 are:
• Chelsea Merrick, a 21-year-old journalism student from Austin, Texas
• Michele Angelvine, a 25-year-old veterinary technician from Brooklyn, New York
• Jessie Gibson, a 29-year-old office manager for a not-for-profit organization from New York, New York
• Linda Reinecke, a 45-year-old mother from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
• Brenda Hawkins, a 60-year-old retired truck driver from Blue Springs, Missouri
• Christian Driggs, a 25-year-old construction worker and surfing instructor from Wyckoff, New Jersey
• Brad Robinson, a 27-year-old promotional events manager and aspiring actor from Los Angeles, California
• I-Fu “Pete” Chen, a 28-year-old self-proclaimed computer geek and IT manager from Atlanta, Georgia
• Greg Rizzo, a 40-year-old stock broker and part time musician who works on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange
• AJ Ramirez, a 50-year-old mortician who has handled over 7,000 funerals in the past 30 years from Alice, Texas