New 'The Surreal Life' season to premiere January 11
By Reality TV World staff, 12/30/2003
The WB has announced that the second installment of The Surreal Life, will premiere on Sunday, January 11 from 9-10 PM ET. And unlike last season's thirty-minute episodes, each episode of the six-episode series will be a full hour in length
The WB will air one-hour episodes of the reality/comedy series for three consecutive weeks - January 11, January 18 and January 25 at 9-10 PM ET. On Sunday, February 1, The WB will counter-program the Super Bowl with wall-to-wall Surreal Life consisting of encore episodes of the first three installments of the show from 7-10 PM ET. Then, beginning the following Sunday, February 8, the final three original episodes will air on consecutive Sundays at 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET, culminating with the finale, airing on Sunday, February 22.
Just as it did last season, this season the show will feature a multigenerational group of familiar faces from yesterday's headlines living together in a Hollywood mansion for two weeks. While the roommates can come and go as they please, they'll be required to interact with one another, share bedrooms and bathrooms, do household chores, go grocery shopping and prepare meals together as their surreal life story is captured on camera during an around-the-clock shooting schedule.
The six has-been celebrity housemates appearing in the program are:
• The Crying Angel: Tammy Faye Messner - The make-up, the tears, the drama, the Lord - she is so full of love, it's almost annoying!
• The Hairy Devil: Ron Jeremy - They call him the "Hedgehog." Starring in over 1,700 adult movies, he brings an extra large package of personality. Will Tammy's faith be tested?
• The Good Cop: Erik Estrada - Even with the paunch, he's still Ponch!
• The Beach Babe: Traci Bingham - Sometimes called a "Black Barbie Doll," after "Baywatch," she's been on a hubby hunt -- Hubba Hubba!
• The Real Dirty Girl: Trishelle Cannatella - This small town girl made a splash in the Real World: Las Vegas hot tub. Are the celebrity men in the house safe -- and if so, what about the cameramen?
During the course of the show, the cast will take several "field trips" during filming, including a revealing visit to a nudist colony; a trip to Tammy Faye's book signing; and a trip to one of Ron Jeremy's pool parties. Other special "seventh roommate" celebrities such as Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges, Andy Dick, Sally Jesse Raphael and Vince Neil (who starred in the first installment of The Surreal Life) will also stop by to join the fun.
Cris Abrego, Rick Telles and Mark Cronin created the series and serve as executive producers, along with Jay Renfroe and David Garfinkle. The Surreal Life is produced by Mindless Entertainment & Brass Ring Entertainment.