A Chinese sailor who set off in November for a solo trip around the world is expected to complete his journey April 3, his support team said.
Guo Chuan, 47, crossed into the South China Sea last week, China's state-run Xinhua news agency reported Monday.
"I am closer and closer to [home], and it's the last stage I should be more careful of, especially the fishing nets," Guo said via satellite phone.
Guo dropped bottles into the water March 20, Jan. 19 and Dec. 4 with his contact information and a note about his world sailing attempt. Guo said he hopes someone will find the bottles and contact him.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.