Jon Bon Jovi talks daughter Stephanie Bongiovi's heroin use
UPI News Service, 03/22/2013
Jon Bon Jovi says he received the "worst phone call ever" after his 19-year-old daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, overdosed on heroin.
The Bon Jovi front man opened up about the harrowing experience in November during an interview airing on Friday's edition of "Katie."
"Worst phone call ever," Bon Jovi told interviewer Katie Couric about learning his daughter suffered a drug overdose at her New York college.
"She's doing great and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, [but] in short, that problem is much more prevalent ... than I knew and I cannot get over how many people I've met that have said, 'My son, my daughter," the musician said.
"There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. There's access to things my generation didn't have. ... I'm just blessed she's healthy and whole, and we'll get through it."
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.