Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > OTHER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS > Quirky NEWS

Dog lights stove top fire


UPI News Service, 01/30/2013 

Firefighters in Illinois said a dog turned on an oven burner and caused $100,000 worth of damage to a home.

ADVERTISEMENT
South Elgin Fire Department Lt. Todd Erickson said they extinguished the flames Monday and discovered the fire originated from a stove burner that had been turned on, WBBM-TV, Chicago, reported Wednesday.

Firefighters spoke to the owner and discovered one of his dogs "was notorious for jumping up on the stove and turning on the burners," Erickson said.

He said a pizza box on top of the stove then caught fire.

"The dog had jumped up, turned on the stove, lit the box and proceeded to start the cabinets on fire," Erickson said.

Firefighters said the dog and other pets inside the house at the time of the incident were not injured.


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.


Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.


Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any repr








Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.039870023727417 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed