Chaos erupted at a Manhattan sushi restaurant Friday night when gasoline being carried in a soy sauce container caught fire, authorities said.
Three staff members were injured in the flash fire at ENO, which broke out when a worker carried two 5-gallon soy sauce containers filled with gasoline through the kitchen.
"I was pouring a round of Jack Daniels and the next thing I know the bus boy was on fire," bartender Adele Mackenzie told the New York Post.
A group of customers -- tree-trimmers who were in town from upstate New York to assist in storm recovery -- jumped into action and tackled the bus boy. He and the other two victims were taken to a burn center for treatment.
Fire department officials told the Post the gasoline ignited when it somehow spilled on the kitchen floor. It was not known what the gasoline was to have been used for.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.