Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > OTHER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS > Quirky NEWS

Fire started by squirrel cooker


UPI News Service, 10/11/2012 

Authorities in Michigan said an apartment complex fire was started by a resident who was attempting to use a propane torch to prepare a squirrel for eating.

ADVERTISEMENT
Holland Township Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said a resident was on a third floor deck at Clearview apartments using a propane torch to remove the fur from a dead squirrel the resident intended to eat when the deck caught fire around 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, MLive.com reported Thursday.

Kohsel said the flames destroyed eight apartments and 32 were damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.

The chief said no residents were injured and a firefighter suffered a broken toe while battling the flames.

The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter and clothing for the displaced residents.


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.


Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.


Copyright 2012 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any repr








Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.044229984283447 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed